Summer is finally here and if you are like us, this can mean more lazy afternoons hanging out with your kids, fun beach outings & picnics, and even summer family travels. Whether your plans take you near or far this summer vacation, the key to a fun day is having all the necessities packed and ready to handle whatever emergencies life brings when out with little children.
Necessities You Need:
- Extra diapers, pull-ups, and/or underwear – The last thing you need when your flight is delayed or you stay longer on the beach is to run out of these all important items.
- Full water bottles and sippy cups – Hotter days mean thirstier kids. And why is it that the water fountains never seem to work properly?
- An Abundance of Snacks – Nothing spoils a beach (or travel) day faster then hungry cranky children – trust me! I’ve made this rookie error before!
- Mini First-Aid Kit – I think the best things to always have are Neosporin, band-aids, and Tylenol. I find 95% of my kid owies can be handled with these three products.
- A Change of Clothes – Both for you and baby. Nothing spells unhappy travel day like a dirty mom and baby. Trust me – if they remain unused, then you just got lucky!
Luxuries We Love:
- Tuffo Outdoor Blanket – This all-purpose beach/picnic blanket just makes life easier…and cleaner. Whether you are spending the day at the beach or just settling in for an afternoon at the park, this large blanket provides ample space to spread out and relax in comfort. The waterproof backing also makes this blanket a keeper all through the fall. I keep mine in my car so it is always ready for use.
- Skip Hop Duo Double – Whether you are out playing all day or just flying all day, this fabulous diaper bag can hold all you need and then some. We love that it fits everything for a day out with 1,2, or more kids, and can easily attach to your stroller so you don’t have to carry it. Plus, if you leave the top open, you can even stuff your beach towels in there for one-bag-fits-it-all convenience.
- BOB Revolution – Okay we know you’ve been meaning to get in shape. Well summer is the perfect time to load up your little one and hit the ground running . . or walking. The BOB Revolution has an effortless push, larger air tires to easily push across sand, trails or any bumpy roads you meet, and with its full canopy – baby will stay protected the whole time. It now comes in more stylish color combinations, which is a reason in itself to get one for getting back in shape!
By: Jo & Melissa The Baby Gear Gurus www.letsgostrolling.com “Wherever Summer Takes You, Let’s Go Strolling has all the products you need to make your life even better!”